Toolbox Project Setback

As is likely to occur when working with an organic material such as wood; it decided to move after I had glued up the panels which will be my carcase for the toolbox.  When we got back from the spring break, I discovered that 3 of the 4 panels were cupped pretty badly.  After examining them and determining if there was any other manner of correction; I determined that the best course of action would be to cut them back apart, replane and square them; then glue them back up.  The cutting resulted in about a 1/8″ loss of width on each; so in order to maintain my dimensions, I’ll have to add about a 1/4″ strip to each and then rip them to size on the table saw.  Not too much trouble, just very frustrating; but such are the woes of a cabinetmaker…

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close