A week and a half ago I started designing and drafting what will be my final project as a student. I decided on a Chippendale style tea chest similar to what is known as a spice chest. After working my way through the draft and several reference books, I was granted approval for my project and gained Lance’s signature on my draft.
As it is always a good practice to have a plan, if not to slavishly follow, then at least to ensure that no critical steps are missed and to ensure that the work flows with good use of time and machine set ups, I outlined a procedure and reviewed it with the instructors yesterday. Having approved that, I started milling the lumber today.